Broughton Hall is a moated manor house on a working farm in the Suffolk Countryside dating from C17. It is timber- framed and plastered with C18 and C19 cable-pattern pargetting in panels and has a plaintiled roof with external chimneys of red brick. The C17 parlour and hall chimneys have rebuilt twin diagonally set shafts and at the bases of both stacks are external arched niches of uncertain purpose but with the appearance of seats.

The house has 2 storeys and attics, a 3-cell lobby and cross-passage entrance plan- both end cells being of cross-wing form.

Early C19 small-pane sashes; that to the hall has side-lights and that to the parlour is twinned. Early C19 entrance doorways at both lobby entrance and cross-passage positions; 4- panelled doors, with upper panels glazed, and a cornice on console brackets. The main range has ovolo-moulded main beams; close studding and unchamfered exposed floor joists in the parlour. Wind-braced butt-purlin roof over the parlour, the remainder almost rebuilt after a fire c.1930. Full-height newel staircase with good moulded plank door at landing. The service cross-wing was added early or mid C17 to replace an earlier range; it included a bakehouse and, formerly, a dairy which was rebuilt c.1930.

The present Family owners acquired the property in 1923 and very little has changed to the building - only cosmetic improvements and the addition of multi-fuel central heating. Some of the old dairy equipment is even kept in the pantry!